ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vicco

Another sunset?!
Yup, it's that good'ol golden
time of bliss again.

One month of Canadian adventure mashing.
Sitting now on a bench by the water as the sun sets over Victoria. The last of my stuff is drying out in Eliot's warm, dry apartment after the rainiest day I have experienced since that brain drencher on the Lost Coast in May of 2009.
I bike lurked aimlessly around downtown Victoria for the last few hours, coming up on a pile of clothes outside St. Vincent's from which I pilfered a vintage cream colored snap button vest and a longsleeve cotton shirt with Aztec-y designs on it "hecho en Guatemala." I might just use these articles temporarily but they will be a fresh addition to my very limited wardrobe. (Eliot also kicked me down an old Bahamas "King of Beaches" t-shirt that is dope.)
I gave my cannabis leaf belt away after a long haul of uselessness. It is now being worn by a beautiful street dwelling goddess who was genuinely stoked on it. (I could tell from her eyes...the eyes tell no lies!)
*Long pause to reflect and inhale the psychadelic sky scene unraveling -- wishing I was the color of sunset*
I also gave some loose change to another bike+trailer wanderer who had a cat on a leash name kittty who he gave undying affection to. I gave her some love as well, after all she is a close ancestor to my kin. nHe offered me a cigarette but I declined.
I had a short freestyle session with Mellow T who I saw from far away making rap-like gestures. He very seriously offered to sell me some crack. I declined. He had beats playing on his phone so we spit a bit, him taking a battle stance and calling me MC Granola (real original). It is all good in the Canadian rap game.
Everyone is frantically taking photos of the sunset like it is the last one they will ever see. Or maybe they have never seen one before; God forbid!
I thought of a good diet for people who want to lose alot of weight:
1. Discard entire wardrobe.
2. Buy all new clothes that are definitely too small, nothing too stretchy.
3. Either walk around naked or eat healthy and excercise until you lose enough weight to not look like you are not making a very awkward and uncomfortable fashion statement.

Now the lights are dimming but the backlit row of clouds on the horizon reminds me of the froth that forms on the tapioca pudding when my mom used to make it. I used to love that part when I was a child. It is mostly raw egg I think.
My new vest is quite handy, it keeps my core warm well which helps to keep my arms warm. My fingers are cold but such is usually the case.
I think I will pedal around a bit more, digging the metropolis scene...it has been 6 weeks since I have seen anything close to a city. It really awakens the New Yorker in me.
Rudy, my bike, thoroughly enjoys when he does not have my entire material life/survival gear weighing him down...you should see him accelerate! Like a Jehovah's Witness bat out of hell.
Speaking of which, yesterday, while I was loitering outside the Thrifty foods in Mill Bay eating peanut butter and carrots, a random cat with very dry skin told me he was letting a Jehovah's Witness stay at his place and she preached so much Jesus Christ to him that he got fed up and told her, "Jesus was not a real person! All he is is the space between the summer solstice and the winter solstice." This statement left me boggled but I am sure the J-Wit was even more dumbfounded. I smiled as I imagined her reaction. He did not elaborate any further on the matter and walked away without saying goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment