ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Recent Observations from the Bicycle Road

This is a list of the things that cross my mind more often than not recently; whether pedalling, loitering, gandering, or goosing (whatever the hell goosing is; new word!)
-Crows enjoy walking and hopping, perhaps to mock the silly humans that cannot fly, especially the slow moving large apelike ones
-Cows love chewing grass; It is all they do!
-Horses are not at all impressed by my horse impersonation (imhorsenation?)
-Nobody cares that it is raining on me...not even me!
-Roadkill comes in all shapes, sizes, and splatters; Animals turned inside out always provoke a vocal reaction from me...some just look like they are resting peacefully, with a little bloody trail coming out of their nose...others are flattened so much they have become 2-dimensional. I often imagine the moment they met their fate with a high speed hunk of heavy machinery. Immediately after the moment of impact, in that split split second between life and death when the entire world stops turning and is silent and the hit victim is airborn, its soul separating from its physical body...One day I would like to witness this phenomenon first hand. In fact I almost sort of did when I ran over an oppossum on my bicycle in San Diego...I went flying over the handlebars and it got wedged inbetween my front wheel and frame. That is a memory I will never forget!
-No better way than to welcome a new day than by smiling at it when you first see it.
-Raw honey, bee pollen, and water is the true breakfast of champions
-Log truck drivers are highly skilled navigators of the road and do not give eight and a half flying farks about my life.
-Civilised man is predictable in his material society
-Small talk is torture most of the time; can't we just get to the meat and potatoes of our souls?
-Bungee cords, rags, and work gloves are abundant on the side of the road.
-Going downhill no handed on a loaded touring bike will never get old.
-The sun, bright and warm, is one of the most divine free gifts I could ever ask for.
-Listening to a fat old man's bowel movement helps me stay on the path to NOT becoming a fat old man.
-People who are addicted to cigarettes bug me; People who are addicted to materialism bug me even more; and yet, I love them all the same.
-My heart yearns to be as small a part of this capitalist system as possible.
-A healthy synthesis of sound mind and strong body produces raw, natural power that is an incredible force to be reckoned with and an easy equation for happiness.
-I cannot get wet if there was never a concept of dry in the first place.
-If you continually give in to fear, it'll eventually git'ya.
-Patient objectivity leads to bliss and golden wisdom.
-Boredom = death
-What is really going on when I feel lonely?
-If I stay poor long enough, will I eventually become rich? If I ever become rich, will the ego inevitably suffer if I become poor again?
-If the chance of finding a full beer on the side of the road is a million to one, then, surely, I am close to finding the full one very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment