ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Web, Myself, and I

I just saw an advertisement plastered on the entire side wall of a store. The ad was for an internet cellphone (self-own) that said, in big white letters next to a big photo of a young, blossoming male hipster (ideal) next to photo of the screen that consumes his daily being, "The Web, Myself, and I."...think about it:
The Web Myself I
...implied as all being the same one thing. The internet is you, the internet is me, the internet is I. The internet was invented by humans and is continually evolved by humans who are, themselves, continually evolving. We live in a three dimensional multi sensory world. The computer screen is a two dimensional sight and sound square (at which we stare, and stare, and stare). We sacrifice one dimension and three whoooooole senses (taste, smell, and very importantly, touch) through the use of the internet.
That is a big deal.
Not only do we spend time on it during precious present moments, but we also spend time thinking about it , involuntarily at times merely because it is now a known part of our consciousness. Voluntarily using the Web as a "go to" for a solution to many of life's problems of varying degrees...just Google it. What would "just Google it" have meant a century ago?
Are we devolving thousands of years of genetics into a virtual world where you can only see and hear?
Back to "The Web, Myself and I."...it is further proof that the entire human race is simply one solitary consciousness.
This involves a bit of philosophometaphysical digging but think about it in terms of the entire current contents of the internet as being an apex in human evolution. By human, I mean the one "I". "I" spent thousands of years evolving its ideas into little clusters of cause-and-effect webs and then figured out a way to start connecting the webs many at a time and created a faster growth pattern that can never be stopped. After all, every idea is a by-product of the mind. Without the mind, what is there?
No mind = nothing.
One mind = everything. Whatever conceived this One Mind was obviously smart enough to not need the help of a second mind. Anyway, I reckon that today's web age is an apex in the one mind saga manifested through the evolution of life here on planet Earth (and the rest of the universe? Doubt it. Gotta leave room for higher powers, smarter powers that took a route more complex than the "world wide web.") Apex meaning highest point, meaning a change 'gon come. That is why now more than ever we must realize our potential as part of this great big "I" and start thinking differently...

In my own personal evolution I seem to be rewinding the tape of time, sort of debugging the ego of the bugs that were placed there by the effects of other egos during my developmental years, in order to revert back to my natural state when my spirit met my body through my first breath of fresh air out of the womb. Like chipping away at plaque on a tooth, ever so slowly, then taking a step back every so often and viwing the stages of the process and the varying styles of self that have brought me to this blessed present moment.
In Victoria recently, at a good friend of a good friend's house, I was flipping through the Tao Te Ching by wise old Lao Tzu.
It really stirred my mind like a golden bananaberry hempmilkshake. I realized how much more it resonated in my soul now than if I were to be reading it ten years ago (then, I woulda just thought, "cool. I wanna get high.")...I took these three lines with me and think of them often:
Embrace Simplicity,
Put Others First,
Desire Little...
ESPOFDL...If I was a wiso old Zen monk I would add, "smile often" @ the end of it!...
(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment