ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Breathe deep

Discussing the breath with fellow farmy Stardust the other day got me to thinking how amazing it is that the breath is the ultimate sustainer of life and probably the one we take most for granted. We can survive without food for a month, and water for almost a week, but without breath we would be dead in minutes...what is up with that? I have been hearing about the breath alot recently which I take to mean that NOW is the time to explore it. As cosmic luck would have it, Stardust taught me a deep breathing technique that fills the lungs from bottom up, belly to middle to upper chest, and then release the breath from top to bottom. So yesterday I awoke early as the rooster call begins about that time right outside my tent! (in a sleepy state I picture a minefield that blows the roosters up halfway thru their wakeup call...but then how would we have delicious eggs?). I welcomed the rising sun with a headstand, it was my first texas sunrise. And then I retreated back to the wonderful solitude of my tent and sat cross legged and started breathing the new way I was taught. I kid you not, within a few conscious, deep breaths I was allowing more air to pass through me then ever before in my entire life...it was vibrating the whole of my being and became easier and more fulfilling. I felt like I had a huge balloon chest! So I let random thoughts go and kept on with the breaths, I started to get tingly all over, especially my head and my hands and fingers, and then I felt light as a balloon and space suddenly seemed vast, like there were no boundaries of the tent wall right there, infinity lay right before me. I kept with the breath, even though the mind's voice was totally amazed at what it was experiencing. Just when my vibration was glowing bright, a mockingbird landed in the tree above me and just started running the gauntlet of every birdcall imaginable, like a sampler platter of song right there above me! At this point a huge smile gripped my face and a feeling of universal love filled my whole being. Laughter without laughing, just a smile that reached ear to ear and would not, could not subside. Behold the mighty breath! Our real, live, connection to the entire universe. I know this wasn't beginners luck but truly a breakthrough in my evolution, which is unavoidable really, since the universe is expanding at insanely rapid rates. I am grateful to be caught up in the flow of the cosmic race (the opposite would be the "virtual reality" rat race which plague its participants with shallow, anxiety ridden breaths, and the impending doom concept of linear time...time is an endless cycle with no beginning and no end!) towards universal enlightenment. There is no denying these changes happening in all of us at this moment in history, we MUST be present for them, and the gateway lies in the breath. JUST BREATHE, and smile too!

No comments:

Post a Comment