ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Back on the road

Currently sitting in a handbuilt adobe palace outside Santa Fe, NM. Back on the road after a brief attempt (again) at finding a "routine scene" to be a part of. the routine scene, you know, job job job and some socializing and being seen in the scene, know what I mean? Well that kind of dream supports a different kind of green than I'd like to support, see, the frogskin world has people caught up in this tornado of illusion as to what is necessity. The only thing you NEED to carry in this world is respect. I carry it, and I get taken care of. The house I am in belongs to someone I have known for 20 minutes of my life (through couchsurfing.org) but the respectful, loving intent of a human is picked up on by those who possess it, so here I am. Mi casa es su casa es todos casas. Today I will begin the hitch pedal to get to Austin, TX 700 miles away. I do not know where I will sleep tonight and that is alright, I carry respect. Yesterday when I woke up to the Arizona desert sun slowly warming me I did not know Id be sleeping sound perched in the loft of the adobe palace. I also did not know I would get to jam for 20 minutes in a badass African drum and dance class in Albuquerque. A craigslist rider we picked up in Flagstaff was trained in this amazing art and gave us a glimpse into her world. Although it was a brief glimpse it was heartfelt to see raw passion. These women were dancing their hearts out, and I was just pounding away on the drum keeping the beat as good as I could, just feeding off the amazing vibration that was afloat in the room. Whether its snowboarding, or bicycling or dancing or sitting on the corner waiting for no one (Ginsburg), when there is passion and stoke involved, it is all really the same. It is all in our hearts, the respect and the passion. Many would say it is all in your head, which it kinda is, if you want to get all zen about it, but the electricity is strongest in the heart and there is no denying this. Carry respect and gratitude for each passionate heartbeat and all will always be all right.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day, wish i spend it with you.. i will enjoy the woods of Norway the next days.

    Respect and gratitude

    S

    ReplyDelete