ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

what to do now?

Imagine waking up one morning to being told you are now unemployed and there is no income for the time being...well that is what I woke up to...all kinds of neurons are firing in my brain, mass confusion, blissful confusion, nervous confusion, knowing everything will work out as it always does confusion...Interesting thing is, for the 2 months I just collected weekly paychecks, I actually worked a whole, about 30 hours! I had planned on working straight through for ten months so I have been lax with my spending habits, not making ridiculous purchases, but simply letting money flow through me, sending some to Africa to help those in need, helping my cousin in Rhode Island get on his feet, buying a new bicycle (which is really fuckin' sweet), and just giving a ton of stuff away, to free myself of materialism...but funny now how that shitty familiar feeling is right around the corner of "oh shit! where' s the money going to come from?"
So here I am with about 16 hundred dollars, which is alot to me, being kidless and a bill-less bikkhu saint, the world is an open doorway, but some weird part of me wishes I would have saved a bit more so I can get the hell out of the U.S., which was the original plan but I just got fucked by a proverbial monkey wrench. I still can get out of the U.S., if I go by bicycle, sell my van, buy a plane ticket, I don't fucking know...I have a djembe now which I want to get good at for sanity's sake...Funny watching the brain react involuntarily when just a few days ago I was buying ten dollar organic apple juice for a little hispanic woman, and giving some street kids seven dollars to buy cigarettes with...will my attitude stay the same or will my hoard-for-myself mechanism in my brain become cautious once again. Watching myself write this I just came up with an answer:
FUCK THAT NOISE!
Throwing caution to the wind is what has gotten me here. Looks like I am in for yet another summer of travel, wandering, roaming, standing sideways on a plank, doing what I do best.
The opportunities will come to me, this I know, and this I smile for.

No comments:

Post a Comment