ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Close my eyes, float upstream

I just awoke from a deep restful sleep and an interesting dream:
I was having my van repaired in a shop, the mechanic was a woman, the bill was $216 and I don't know how many cents, they sold beer at the mechanic so you could kill birds with stones while you waited -- i had to fill out a whacky form for the repair answering strange questions such as whether I was from the east west or just a "good'ol farmer". An old acquaintance of mine, Bubba (one of the most interesting energies I have ever known, albeit completely misdirected burned at full flame constantly) had begun signing all these signatures of variations of names of people I knew in my life, people he didn't know. His face appeared very close and stubbly, huge jawbone like you never ever saw on a human. The head mechanic, a gruffy bearded and bellied trucker hat wearing cigarette smoking man got angry with him but I was able to just scribble scrawl my signatures over the other ones. The van was not ready the first time but was supposed to be, when I turned the keys the electrical problem had not been fixed so I got under the steering wheel and plugged in a bunch of fuses that were unplugged. I was not in the least agitated that the work I just paid for had not been done and it was I in fact who just repaired it. What I do remember is standing there with the bill I was about to pay and having these strange ancestral thoughts/emotions come to me from some time in the very distant past, before money ruled everything. They made me feel strange about the spending of money and could not grasp the concept, actually hard to explain here in words. Usually dreams involve action but this one involved these intense thoughts coming from one of my European ancestors - this I know. Anyhow, I skated home to wait for them to charge the van battery back up and I rode by my old elementary school, St. Anne's, just as church (shivers of boring memories) was letting out and it was extremely crowded on the sidewalk and street and difficult to maneuver through churchgoers who were comprised of old classmates and faculty and just old Catholics. I was weaving through them, 26, tattooed and still riding a skateboard, my balance was quite off and I kept having to retrieve my skateboard hopping on and off it constantly but always moving through the crowd, then when I was finally onto the road (still same area, same old dangerous curve that cars came around too fast on by the pizzeria) one of my old teachers had some words to say, judgmental and hurtful, but the volume was too low to hear her and I was moving faster and further away on now a nice smooth empty road so I could not hear her, or maybe I just didn't want to -- continued on now through the dreamspace unfamiliar to where my friends were giving away a brand new beautiful piano via craigslist. My friend Dustin had used his phone number and people were calling constantly but he was letting it go to voicemail so he could screen the calls and choose the right person for the piano. Dustin and someone else (unidentified, but friend) were sitting and had taken my cucumber and a tomato and made simple salads of the two ingredients chopped up. The huge mutilated tomato was sitting on the table and I remember thinking that it was not cut the nice geometric way I would have cut it, rather thrashed at with my little knife, a small sharp paring knife, the same knife I am currently traveling with to cut all my veggies. I shrugged my shoulders and thought, "s'cool" and thrashed at a chunk to eat myself.
Now I am awake and my conscious mind has taken over and it is another beautiful day, started by sitting naked at the computer in my warm dark hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment