ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

December 13, 2010

Sitting in my new blue room in South Lake Tahoe. Winnie the Pooh is digging for honey on my wall while the Grateful Dead jam a jam in the kitchen. Typical scene you might find me in. The universe provided me with a comfy queen size bed which I spilled an entire liter of water onto yesterday. I finagled some milk crates and added an upside down snowboard deck to fashion a table that looks like T"""T. I have a windowsill to hold some miscellaneous items as well. My window looks right out onto the street/forest/neighborhood in the woods.
An interesting sounding bird came by yesterday. I did not catch a glimpse of her. I am sure she will be back with more messages and insight on the simple song life we live. The coyote packs wail crazy night tunes just a block away in a huge meadow that I have yet to venture out onto. It will be a full moon snowboot mission.
There is power in this lake and all around it. This entire area is a massive earthen stadium. The mountains provide the seating, up to full capacity in some instances, and the lake is the playing field, where all the action is, as still as a feather laying in an empty nest. Teaching us a lesson on how patience cultivates wisdom. Absorbing each ray of light as it comes. Reflecting the blue that envelops us. The blue that we desire to "keep" for a bumper stickers sake.
Now is the time more than ever to learn from our natural surroundings.
Practice the same patience as the rocks and the trees and learn from them the same way the natives did for centuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment