ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Karaoke night!

It is my self proclaimed last night in Mooloolaba.  Sitting here drinking some red lambrusco (fancy name for ten dollar four liter box wine a.k.a. goon) getting my vocal chords warm.  A quite relaxing beachy week has gone by.  Four out of six sunrises, slept in for the last two, because I could.  Mostly me, laying on the beach, reading Bruce Chatwin's "Songlines", people watching, surfer watching, meditating, soaking rays.  My sister and her colleagues (Team America) were busy working at their respective schools all week, and were only around in the evening.  I was breakfast and dinner cook for several delicious (not just self-proclaimed) meals.  Tonight was baked albacore with a veggie medley stewed in a tomato base.  Friday night found us getting saucy in the apartment before heading out to Vibes for the dance fest.  I made it in under the radar of the flip flop police, and proceeded to get my feet extra dirty/sticky.  I love being a keen social observer, on a budget.  I did not drop a dime at the bar, but I did pick up a twenty cent piece on the way out.  Saturday night was mellow as I had absorbed entirely too much sun.  Melted into the couch and watched "Michael Clayton" with George Clooney.  it was just barely good enough to keep me awake but leave me nice and sleepy at the end.  As far as waves go, ha, I got on my sister's rented boogie board and got totally rad in some dribbly little shorebreak.  Today, however, homeboy aaron (one of the teachers), had fenagled a seven foot log from one of his faculty.  I'll give him credit, he gave it his all, managed to get into a few, just not stand up.  I patiently awaited my turn and was rewarded handsomely.  Now, I am not the keenest on longboards, but when you travel as light as me you must chameleon what you can get.  I groveled around for a bit, dropping in here and there, getting my groove back like Stella.  Finally, I got on a fun little cruisy left and did a longboard-ish off the lip finish.  Thats it, thats all I needed.  Stoked I be mate!  Lucky for me, Aaron has to work all day tomorrow so my plan is to surf until my arms fall off in the morning, because I am fiending, that's why!  Post surf tomorrow I am loading up and heading out.  Destination Gold Coast to stay with Henk de Bruin, my mate from the 2003 Goldie days.  Right now tho, which is the only moment I am concerned with, is hokey pokey karaoke time!

No comments:

Post a Comment