ever further stealth

ever further stealth

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The next sun will rise in Oz

I was sitting in the Atlantic this morning watching the sun rise higher and higher as I was awarded some fun little waves. A proper sendoff for what is to come. The next time I will see the sun in a similar spot will be when I land in Brisbane on Friday morning, Thursday the 23rd will be completely nonexistent due to date line crossings, rad.
My towel will have some Atlantic salt on it cross hemispheres towards the Pacific, also rad. Its the little things that keep the energy flowing. I lined up a flophouse of sorts in Brisbane called "The Forest" thru couchsurfing.org. The loose plan is to soak in the Brizzy weekend scene while on the hunt for a bicycle which will be my main source of transpo for the next 4 months. If I'm going to be paying for fuel it might as well taste good, eh?
New York has treated me well for the last four weeks. Kicked it with the family, relaxed in Bayville, scored some worthy surf, met an interesting man, and an interesting and beautiful woman. I need to start using "intriguing" instead of "interesting" The man was beautiful too, but you know what I mean. I also managed to put some cash in my pocket and got a sick Timbuk2 messenger bag for free (just by being a "modern nomad," seriously).
Money is funny, that's why they rhyme. See, I have been training myself to not stress about acquiring money in the last year. I have seen full well the effect of that stress on mine and others' lives and have no desire for that kind of energy block. The Aussies don't say "no worries" for no reason. With my new found attitude money finds me. Moreso, the generosity of the universe finds me as I am kind to it, making offerings of pure love and taking no more than I need. Simplicity is bliss, not ignorance.
Today is already a great day and it is only 10:21 am according to the clock. We'll see what the rest has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment